We are officially moving!! My family and I just purchased a home South of Nashville, about 40 miles from where we currently reside. As thrilled as I am about these new beginnings, it leaves me thinking about those not as fortunate. I couldn’t imagine not knowing where I might rest my head for the night, or if my children will have a safe place to sleep. As sad as it may sound, that is the reality for so many people out there, which brings me to the point of this blog post.
When I had the opportunity to partner up with Habitat for Humanity, I grabbed it! Why? Well for starters, it was the first non-profit organization I volunteered for as a teenager in school. That fun fact was always a part of my resume, as it has always been something I am proud to say I accomplished. Habitat for Humanity builds strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter. They believe no matter who we are or where we come from, we all deserve to have a decent life – and, I couldn’t agree more!
For those of you not so familiar with Habitat for Humanity, here are some fun facts:
- Habitat has helped more then 22 million people since 1976.
- Habitat builds across all 50 states and 70+ countries.
- Habitat helps a family improve their living conditions somewhere around the world every 17 seconds!
- Habitat does not give away houses, future homeowners put in sweat equity and pay an affordable mortgage.
- Habitat provides future homeowners with financial education and training to help them succeed.
Here’s how you can help:
- SHOP to support! (We all love shopping so this is a win win 🙂 You can donate in store or online at any of the Chico’s FAS brands which include:
- WHITE HOUSE BLACK MARKET: Until May 31, WHBM will donate $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25 in value.
- SOMA INTIMATES: Until May 31, Soma will donate $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25 in value.
- AT HOME: At Home will donate $4.55 per coaster from the sale of select coaster sets that give back to Habitat.
- O-CEDAR: O-Cedar will donate $1 to Habitat for Humanity for every ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop sold by O-Cedar until May 31.
- Nissan will donate $5 every time #HomeIsTheKey is shared on social media.
- VISIT Home is the Key and make a donation.
OUTFIT DETAILS: http://liketk.it/2BwxY