We are officially moving!! My family and I just purchased a home South of Nashville, about 40 miles from where we currently reside. As thrilled as I am about these new beginnings, it leaves me thinking about those not as fortunate. I couldn’t imagine not knowing where I might rest my head for the night, or if my children will have a safe place to sleep. As sad as it may sound, that is the reality for so many people out there, which brings me to the point of this blog post.
When I had the opportunity to partner up with Habitat for Humanity, I grabbed it! Why? Well for starters, it was the first non-profit organization I volunteered for as a teenager in school. That fun fact was always a part of my resume, as it has always been something I am proud to say I accomplished. Habitat for Humanity builds strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter. They believe no matter who we are or where we come from, we all deserve to have a decent life – and, I couldn’t agree more!
For those of you not so familiar with Habitat for Humanity, here are some fun facts:
- Habitat has helped more then 22 million people since 1976.
- Habitat builds across all 50 states and 70+ countries.
- Habitat helps a family improve their living conditions somewhere around the world every 17 seconds!
- Habitat does not give away houses, future homeowners put in sweat equity and pay an affordable mortgage.
- Habitat provides future homeowners with financial education and training to help them succeed.
Here’s how you can help:
- SHOP to support! (We all love shopping so this is a win win 🙂 You can donate in store or online at any of the Chico’s FAS brands which include:
- CHICO’S: Every sale of a signature Slub Tee Shirt up until May 31 will support Habitat, as well as $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25 in value.
- WHITE HOUSE BLACK MARKET: Until May 31, WHBM will donate $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25 in value.
- SOMA INTIMATES: Until May 31, Soma will donate $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25 in value.
- AT HOME: At Home will donate $4.55 per coaster from the sale of select coaster sets that give back to Habitat.
- O-CEDAR: O-Cedar will donate $1 to Habitat for Humanity for every ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop sold by O-Cedar until May 31.
- Nissan will donate $5 every time #HomeIsTheKey is shared on social media.
- VISIT Home is the Key and make a donation.
OUTFIT DETAILS: http://liketk.it/2BwxY
I love the work that Habitat for Humanity does. It’s an amazing gift to so many people in need.
Congratulations on the house! That is wonderful news! I also think that is so awesome you partnered with Habitat for Humanity! They truly are a great organization that help so many families
Congrats on your new home and I am sure there are so many things to buy and decorated. It is always so fun and excited to move house. Glad to learn about Habitat and it has so many great cause.
This is amazing! Congrats on the new house and for this awesome partnership with habitat for humanity!
How exciting that you are moving! Well done to you for partnering up with a great cause.
I love this! What a great cause! And so fitting right around the time of a move. Congratulations!!!
habitat for humanity is amazing! its so wonderful to see the community come together and do for each other
A new home is always so much fun to style and make it your own. Habitat for Humanity sounds like a great organization.
I love habitat for humanity. They opened a new ReStore (I think that’s what it’s called) not too far from me. I always find good stuff!
I buy from our habitiat store and we have helped with building some in the past along with feeding the volunteers! Great organization! I will be keeping this in mind as I do my summer shopping!
I have a few friends who actively support and go volunteer building houses for Habitat for Humanity. I think that their campaigns are very admirable and maybe if more people would volunteer, then there would be less people on the streets.
massive congrats on the new home – and Habitat FOR HUMANITY SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PROJECT wish there was one in the Uk x kind regards Pati Robins
Congrats to your new home.. And wow, I haven’t heard of Habitat for Humanity till I read this. Shame. It was so good of this organization. I will definitely try to help, as much as I can.
Firstly, congrats on your new home. I agree with you that if one has a home they are truly blessed. Habitat for humanity sounds such a noble cause and one that everyone should contribute towards. Thanks for sharing.
I have always admired the work Habitat for Humanity does!!! Such a great organization